My Pride and Joy (Zachary and Zoe)
They are my life, my strength and cheering section (plus daddy)
Everyday I wake up just like every other day, but waking up on Jan 1, 2012, I was more excited than I have ever been. I have so many different adventures I will be doing this year with great goals to set out for.
A few goals of mine:
- Finish my FIRST ironman - Sandusky, OH Rev3 Cedar Point! Do you think they would deliver a pizza to me on the run course? I seem to crave pizza during my training - I will have to check on that one
- Set a new PR in the following areas (half marathon, and half ironman)
- Coaching my son's first soccer team - this will be a hoot as I have alway dreamed of teaching my kids the sport I grew up loving and still love! And "Yes" both my kids have asked to do a Tri with me already but they are still to young to go on this adventure with mommy and daddy (they are only 2 and 3). My kids are pretty competitive :)
- Possibly taking on a part time job (will know very soon), this will be a fun adventure as I will be doing something I truly enjoy and still having the time with my kids. I mean Zachary starts Pre-school this August, I do not want to miss any of that. Since I home schooled him his first year of pre school I can't wait to hear all his stories. Then in August I start home schooling Miss Zoe, which will be very fun and interesting :)
- Andrew and I do all of our races together, this year may be the first time he will be at the side lines cheering me on during some of my races. I am 50/50 about this, I always look forward to seeing him on the race course and giving each other encouraging words, but I guess he could still do the same just not with a bib number on. This will be a challenge for me, I will over come this and enjoy every moment by myself on the race course.
Have I mentioned that I am excited about this coming year! I can't wait to share my strengths and weakness with you for the year of 2012.
My hardest training starts in a few weeks and I am looking forward to it