Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Yeah!

Well, its out to the general public I am now a team member of Rev3! What a day it was to see the announcement on Facebook and everyone comments.  Wow did I feel on top of the world, it was such a great day!
Yesterday when the announcement went out, I called my mom to check Facebook (I wanted her to be surprised). As she is talking to me on the phone she is checking her page and noticed I made a post "It's official". She says Jaime I see you made a post and it says it's official but what is official? I told her to scroll down, once she found the announcement, she was very excited for me but oh boy did the questions start coming. There are days when I think my parents understand what my husband and I do when it come to racing and then there are days that they just don't get it, yesterday was "they don't get it". I was laughing the whole time talking to her.

One of the conversations:
Mom: so this team is for the crazy ironman races
Me: yes, mom and they are not crazy
Mom: Jaime you are working out for many hours, I call that crazy
Me: well if you put it that way then yes mom call me crazy
Mom: Okay so what are these triathlons that you do
Me: that is what we are talking about, sprint, olympic, half and full
Mom: So what are the ironman races then
Me: Really mom you are killing me woman, the ironman races are triathlons, there are just different distances.
Mom: oh, I am excited for you but I think you and Andrew are crazy

What a conversation with my Mom, now please keep in mind she has come to many of my races and cheered me on.  You talk to my mom about anything else and she is very bright, but when it comes to racing well you know where that goes :)

What a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... I think I've had this EXACT conversation with my mom at one point or another. God love them!!!

    Congrats and welcome to the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have the same conversations several times a year with my parents.

    "I have no idea what I'm cheering for, but I hope you do well and stay safe!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up. I think this is the same conversation I had with my mother and dad. Oh well that's good honey (with the look of you have a screw loose but we love you any ways).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this is so great! Who hasn't had the "you're so crazy" for doing triathlons talk?! Gotta love it! Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the crazy Rev3 team down the road!

    ReplyDelete